Osteopaths in Mount Gravatt
The Whole Body Clinic offer treatment to residents throughout Brisbane including Mount Gravatt, Holland Park, Moorooka, Sunnybank, Wishart, Mackenzie, Carindale, Wellers Hill, Greenslopes & Eight Mile Plains.
What is Osteopathy?
Osteopathy or Osteopathic Medicine is a drug-free, non-invasive form of manual therapy that is holistic in nature. Osteopaths focus on musculoskeletal framework to improve patient’s health via strengthening and mobilisation techniques.
Osteopathic Principles are what sets Osteopathic treatment apart from all other modalities. Osteopaths treat with the idea in mind that all body parts function in an integrated manner and that if one body part is restricted, others will compensate leading to inflammation and pain.
By targeting treatment to a number of restricted areas, patients can fully recover and being to strengthen and prevent further illness or injury.
Improvements from Osteopathic Treatment include improved mobility and stability in the structural framework of the body. This then leads to decreased pain, improved mobility, improved performance or systems (circulatory, nervous and lymphatic) and a better way of life.
What do Osteopaths Treat?
We can assist in an array of different conditions including but not limited to;
- Headaches; cervicogenic, tension, migraines and many other causes.
- Back Pain- upper back pain, lower back pain, disc injuries, postural complaints, joint sprains and pelvic pain.
- Sciatica- caused by disc prolapses, joint sprains, muscles complaints
- Peripheral Joint pain- carpal tunnel, ankle sprains, wrist sprains, knee sprains and strains
- Muscle tears- sporting injuries, repetitive strain conditions
- Chronic Conditions- frozen shoulder, disc degeneration, arthritis pain.
- Visceral Complaints- reflux, bloating and constipation
- Foot pain
- Elbow pain
- Neck pain
- Ankle pain
- Knee pain
- Shoulder pain
- Hip pain
We also welcome Medicare, Worksafe and TAC patients.
What techniques do Osteopaths Use?
Some of our techniques include;
- HVLA- High Velocity Low Amplitude thrust techniques allow for increased range of motion, decreased pain, improved surrounding muscle tone and improved joint health. Qualified Practitioners will only perform these techniques after a strict screening protocol.
- Stretching/ Muscle Energy Techniques- these techniques use the patient’s muscular system to improve structural position and decrease tension within the musculoskeletal framework.
- Deep Tissue Massage- improving blood and nutrient transfer will allow for a faster healing time for the patient.
- Dry Needling- using a needle to decrease the tension and pain within a trigger point and surrounding musculature allows for improved blood flow and function.
- Shockwave Therapy- Therapeutic Ultrasound and 4 Pole Interferential allows for improved blood flow, decreased pain and assistance in the body’s natural healing response
Don't persist with pain when you could be living a better life. Discover how we can help reduce your discomfort and improve your outlook.