Physiotherapists Eight Mile Plains
What Is Physiotherapy?
Our Physiotherapists are highly skilled in their field in relation to movement and function and use non-invasive techniques to improve one’s structural health.
Using specific techniques to diagnose conditions, improve mobility and decrease pain, our Physiotherapists can allow patients to return to work, sport and activities of daily life faster.
Specific exercise prescription will also be a major part of our Physiotherapists role to strengthen the patient’s support systems and prevent injury in the future.
What Do Physiotherapists Treat?
- Post-surgical rehabilitation for all types of post-surgical patients including hip replacements, discectomies, tennis elbow and carpal tunnel releases and many more.
- Headaches - cervicogenic, tension, migraines and many other causes.
- Back Pain - disc injuries, postural complaints, joint sprains and pelvic pain.
- Sciatica - caused by disc prolapses, joint sprains, muscles complaints
- Peripheral Joint pain - carpal tunnel, ankle sprains, wrist sprains, knee sprains and strains
- Muscle tears - sporting injuries, repetitive strain conditions
Incontinence - stress incontinence, urge incontinence
Antenatal and post-natal concerns - pelvic floor muscle retraining, pain in pelvis.
What Techniques Do Physiotherapists Use?
Some of our techniques include:
- Mobilization - improving joint mobility and decreasing pain through small to large repetitive movements through all joints of the body related to the painful structure.
- Stretching/Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation (PNF) - these techniques use the patient’s muscular system to improve structural position and decrease tension within the musculoskeletal framework.
- Deep Tissue Massage - improving blood and nutrient transfer will allow for a faster healing time for the patient.
- Dry Needling - using a needle to decrease the tension and pain within a trigger point and surrounding musculature allows for improved blood flow and function.
- Electrotherapy - Therapeutic Ultrasound and 4 Pole Interferential allows for improved blood flow, decreased pain and assistance in the body’s natural healing response.
- Shockwave Therapy - Therapeutic Ultrasound and 4 Pole Interferential allows for improved blood flow, decreased pain and assistance in the body’s natural healing response
NEW PATIENTS WELCOME
The Whole Body Clinic welcomes bookings from new patients.
Find out more about what we do, how we can help you and what to expect from your initial consultation here.
Don't persist with pain when you could be living a better life. Discover how we can help reduce your discomfort and improve your outlook.